Working during your studies
Working and social security

International students holding a permit as per § 16 of the German Residence Act (Aufenthaltsgesetz) can work for up to 120 days or 240 half-days per calendar year. They can also perform part-time work at the university, which is not subject to any time limit.

Work performed as part of the ConAction project is considered part-time student work. Self-employment requires a permit from the Bureau for Foreigners.